On Thursday 23 November, VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne organized the thirteenth edition of the Day of the Supervisory Board on Curaçao. This edition focused on external supervision and the question whether this type of supervision in the Caribbean part of the Kingdom should be seen as a necessary evil.
The group was brought up to speed on this subject by six experts. Their presentations (in Dutch) are available via the following links:
- Introduction Day of the Supervisory Board Curaçao 2017
Frank Kunneman, partner VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne
- Supervision in the Curaçao healthcare sector
Jan Huurman, senior chief inspector Inspection Public Health
- External supervision of Dutch supervisors in the financial sector
Cherethy Kirindongo, managing director MCB
- Insights in external supervision, the telecom sector
Olaf Komdeur, of counsel VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne
- Liability of external supervisors
Tom Peeters, partner VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne
- Financial supervison in the Kingdom
Etienne Ys, former prime minister and expert finance & corporate governance
After the presentations, a panel discussion was held and all participants had the opportunity to ask questions. Moreover, during the closing drinks, all attendees got the chance to further discuss the subject with each other and the speakers.
Local newspaper Amigoe published an article on the well-received thirteenth edition of the Day of the Supervisory board, that is available via this link (in Dutch).