Tjarda Tazelaar is an expert in the field of business law. He specializes in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity and corporate governance.
Tjarda advises corporations, private equity funds and other investors in a variety of market sectors on domestic and cross-border transactions. He also has extensive experience in the area of commercial contracting and supervising financing transactions and restructurings. Furthermore, Tjarda regularly advises clients on management participations and equity capital market transactions.
Before Tjarda started at VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne on Curacao in February 2018, he had been part of the Corporate and M&A team of Amsterdam based law firm Van Doorne for nine years. During this period, he already gained some experience working on M&A and financing transactions across the Dutch Caribbean.
Tjarda studied Dutch law at the Utrecht University, majoring in business law. In 2015 he successfully completed the post-graduate specialist course ‘Mergers & Acquisitions: law, finance and skills’ at the VU Law Academy of the VU University in Amsterdam.
- Advising Cable & Wireless and Liberty Latin America on the acquisition of all shares held in United Telecommunications Services N.V. (UTS) by the country of Curaçao.
- Advising Hong Kong based Henderson Land Development Company on its equity investment in medical device corporation Impulse Dynamics.
- Advising Execujet Aviation Group on its acquisition of St. Maarten based fixed-base operator (FBO) TLC Aviation Corporation.
- Advising insurance corporation Fatum Holding on obtaining a USD 50 mln. loan facility arranged by MCB Curacao.
Recent transaction experience in the Netherlands
- Advising Deutsche Private Equity on its divestment of the Westfalia Automotive and Terwa group and on its acquisition of international roofing corporation Erdo.
- Advising Marquard & Bahls subsidiaries Oiltanking and Bomin on several acquisitions and joint ventures in the field of tank storage logistics and bunkering.
- Advising US based pharmaceutical corporation Charles River Laboratories on several strategic acquisitions, including Brains On-Line and the CRO services division of Galapagos NV.
- Advising mobile parking service provider Yellowbrick on its joint venture with French urban mobility service provider Parkeon