Stan van Liere joined VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne in June 2016. Stan is assists clients in civil proceedings, including in the area of directors’ and officers’ liability and stockholders’ disputes, and specializes in insolvency law.
Before joining our firm, he worked as an attorney-at-law at law firms in Utrecht and Amsterdam (HVG/EY law). In addition to his experience in civil proceedings and insolvency law, he also advises clients on restructuring, transactions, financing and securities.
In 2009 Stan obtained a master’s degree in Civil Law at the Utrecht University. During his studies he was an external court clerk at the Court of Appeal in ‘s-Hertogenbosch.
In 2014 Stan participated in the European Lawyers Program in Edinburgh, where he gained experience in working in a common law system. He also took several post-graduate courses, for example in the field of corporate governance, insolvency law, and drafting and reviewing commercial contracts. At the end of 2019, Stan graduated from the post-graduate specialization course INSOLAD/Grotius Insolvency law.
- National Representative European Lawyers Association for the Netherlands
- Member of Dutch Association of Insolvency Law Lawyers “INSOLAD”
- Acting as trustee in the bankruptcy of Banco del Orinoco N.V.
- Acting as trustee in the bankruptcy of the airline company Insel Air International B.V.
- Advising the Central Bank of Curacao and St. Maarten about several distressed financial institutions
- Assisting an investor in the establishment of a partnership for the management and exploitation of a tourist project on St. Maarten.
- Advising a financial organization on Curacao on the restructuring of a debtor.