Rogier represents clients in stockholders’ disputes, M&A disputes and international trade conflicts. He represents clients both in court and in arbitration proceedings and apart from his local bar admission, he is also registered as an attorney-at-law with the Amsterdam Bar Association.
Rogier graduated from Leiden University and started his career at Simmons & Simmons in 2001. He completed the post-graduate specialist training in business dispute resolution at the Grotius Academy in 2006 and he switched to VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne in Curacao in 2012. Rogier is chairman of the Curacao Bar Association and a lecturer in private international law at the Dutch Bar Association and the University of Curacao (UoC).
- Dean of the Curacao Bar Association
- Registered as an attorney-at-law with the Amsterdam Bar Association
- Member of the Corporate Litigation Association
- Lecturer at the Law Firm School
- Lecturer with the Dutch Bar Association
- Representing (liquidators of) account holders of First Curacao International Bank in matters concerning FCIB’s liquidation and recovery of assets.
- Representing Curacao Airport Partners in an appeal against eleven car rental corporations, to secure that only car rentals that were granted a concession by CAP earlier have unlimited access to Hato Airport in Curacao.
- Assisting Petrobas in the Dutch Caribbean aspects of the cross-border inquiry procedure against the corporation, in which multiple transactions were investigated.
- Representing the government of the country of Curacao in the appeal proceedings before de Kingdom Council of State against the extension of Financial Supervision Act to Curacao.
- Representing “Stichting Monumentenzorg” (Foundation for the preservation of historic buildings and sites) and Sea Shore Properties N.V., as owners of a large part of the Jan Kok area in Curacao, with regard to the damage to this nature reserve caused by an oil spill in 2012.