Randolph van Eps has broad experience as an attorney-at-law with an emphasis on business law and business dispute resolution. He mostly advises governmental bodies and public limited corporations, energy corporations and parties in the telecommunications and technology sector.
Randolph advises directors, regulatory authorities and supervisory directors both in disputes and in strategic issues. He also heads our dedicated Suriname Desk. He has specific knowledge of Surinamese law and the market, and has an extensive network in Suriname. He has frequently worked with and for multiple high-profile consultants, officials and local attorneys-at-law.
Randolph started as an attorney-at-law at VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne in 1982 and was appointed partner in 1990. He was a part-time lecturer in international private law at the University of Curacao (UoC). Furthermore, he was Dean of the Curacao Bar Association.
Ever since the launch of its Dutch Caribbean edition, the independent legal publisher Chambers & Partners has consistently ranked Randolph in the highest category of the Chambers Global ranking.
Chambers Global 2019 (ranked Band 1): “Randolph van Eps is noted for his strong focus on energy, telecoms and technology. He has many years’ experience in both contentious and non-contentious matters and is one of the pre-eminent lawyers in the jurisdiction. He also heads the firm’s Suriname desk.”
- Supervisory Director of Banco Provincial Overseas N.V.
- Board member of Mongui Maduro Library
- Chairman of the Complaints Committee of the Curacao Hospital (SEHOS)
- Board member of the foundation for the prevention of cancer (Fundashon Prevenshon)
- Supervisory board member of the Nationale Borg Reinsurance N.V.
- Representing a client in proceedings with the aim to regain control over two Curacao corporations with substantial assets overseas, which companies had been ‘hijacked’ by a third party.
- The court-appointed administrator in the moratorium of Tierra del Sol, the Aruban golf and condominium resort.
- Assisting Fatum Holding in obtaining a USD 50 mln. loan at MCB Curacao.
- Advising Fondo de Valores Inmobiliarios as their legal advisor in relation to corporate issues, real estate and employment regarding the development of Blue Mall in St. Maarten.
- Assisting Pension fund Vidanova with the acquisition of the majority interest of the stocks of SFT Bank.
- Advising Refineria di Korsou (Curacao Oil Refinery) as part of a government appointed working group that advises in the ‘Future of the Refinery’ program in Curacao.
- Assisting Republic Bank in the USD 45.3 mln. acquisition of RBC Royal Bank in Suriname, which included an extensive due diligence covering an onsite and data room review and a complete legal review of the bank forms.