Diek Fabius is an expert in the area of corporate law and is particularly engaged in takeovers, cooperative ventures and commercial contracts. Diek has been employed as a counsel at VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne on Curacao since April 2019.
Diek has more than 15 years of experience as a consultant in the corporate and M&A practice, in particular in advising clients in the transaction process. In this context he does not only advise during the takeover process itself, but also during the preparatory and the implementation phase of the process after conclusion of the transaction. Diek supervised various (inter-)national buy-side / sell-side due diligence projects for corporations, private equity and director-major stockholders in various industries. In addition, he assisted (multi-)national clients in projects that focused on contracts, including intellectual property aspects.
Before Diek entered into the employ of VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne, he had worked at PwC Legal for eight years. Here he mostly worked on the legal aspects of takeovers within PwC’s multidisciplinary deals practice. Prior to that he worked at, inter alia, Maaldrink (corporate law) in The Hague and Stibbe (intellectual property and corporate law) in Amsterdam.
Diek graduated from Utrecht University in 2001 and successfully completed his professional training in Amsterdam.
- Advising Cable & Wireless and Liberty Latin America on aquisition of all shares held in United Telecommunication Services N.V. (UTS) by the country of Curaçao.
- Advising an investment corporation during participation in and (re-)financing of an international joint venture active in the area of development of software and medical equipment.
- Advising a travel organization during preparations and audit within the corporation in the context of a (re-)financing.
- Advising the French Vacalians during a legal due diligence and takeover of the Dutch outdoor and glamping corporation Vacanceselect & Selectcamp.
- Advising an international corporation during the change and simplification of its corporate, operational and contractual structure in respect of customers and suppliers.