Brechtje Huiskes works as an attorney-at-law at the Corporate & Banking section of our firm and advises a variety of clients, including banks, project developers and telecommunications providers on various transactions.
Furthermore, Brechtje also advises and litigates in the field of real estate, intellectual property and insurance law. She also regularly assists clients in the aviation industry in transactions, financing, registrations and compliance issues.
Brechtje graduated in law from the Maastricht University and the University of Amsterdam (cum laude) at the end of 2012. As a student, she spent a year at the Sorbonne in Paris and a semester at Columbia University in New York. Apart from the standard curriculum she completed internships at four different law firms and participated in the Honors Program, the minor in procedural law, the Concours Europeen des Droits de l’Homme, the International Client Counseling Competition and the ‘Reasonable Doubt’ Project. She joined VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne in Aruba as an attorney-at-law in 2013.
- (Founder and) board member of the Young Bar Association Aruba
- Supervisory director of the Bar Association Aruba
- Assisting Export Development Canada and Palma Holding Limited in the acquisition and registration of three aircrafts of the Bombardier Q-400 NextGen Series, the lease thereof to Falcon Aviation and the wet lease to Qazaq Air.
- Assisting hotel management group Barceló in the acquisition of Occidental Hotels Management in Aruba, including a due diligence and the drafting of the transaction documentation.
- Assisting Mota-Engil in the bidding procedure for the USD 100 million PPP project for the development of the Watty Vos Boulevard in Aruba. The project comprises the design, the construction, the financing and the maintenance of the 7-kilometer boulevard, including 13 intersections and 2 overpasses.
- Advising NuStar Energy on the restructuring of their corporate governance.
- Assisting pharmaceutical corporation Gedeon Richter in the purchase of an initial majority interest in Mediplus NV in Curacao.