On September 10, 2019, Liberty Latin America announced that it has completed the acquisition of the remaining stake of shares in United Telecommunication Services N.V. (UTS) from the country of St. Maarten.
In March this year, Liberty Latin America already acquired 87.5% of the shares in UTS from the country of Curacao. The completion of the acquisition of the remaining 12.5% results in Liberty Latin America – through its subsidiary Cable & Wireless Communications – owning 100% of UTS. Telecom operator UTS provides fixed and mobile services to the island nations of Curaçao, St. Maarten, St. Martin, Bonaire, St. Barths, St. Eustatius and Saba.
VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne congratulates Liberty Latin America, Cable & Wireless Communications and UTS with the completion of this challenging privatization project and is proud to have acted as buy-side legal counsel.
The core team of VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne in this transaction comprised of M&A partner Tjarda Tazelaar and associates Aubrich Bakhuis and Vincent Abbing. For more details on the transaction, please refer to Liberty Latin America’s press release.