Banking & Finance
In the field of finance, trusts and offshore companies the position of VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne has been described as a ‘leading’ one. ‘The PLC Cross-Border Finance Secured Lending Handbook’ considers us to be the only ‘highly recommended’ regional law firm in this field.
We advise our clients on the financing of mergers and acquisitions, project finance, trade and export financing, lending and security documentation, regulatory issues, securities trade and listings on the Curacao Stock Exchange.
Besides all this, our team assists local and international banks and (credit) institutions as well as foreign financial institutions in establishing offices in the region and developing their products. The fact that our lawyers regularly assist in the drafting and implementation of legislation shows their excellent reputation and level of knowledge.Recently we have assisted:
- A bank in the financing of a multi million acquisition of an Aruban hotel
- A bank in the financing of the Aruba Holiday Inn
- A bank in the financing of the Santa Barbara Hyatt Hotel Project in Curacao
- AIB Bank and other lenders in 227 million florins financing of utility company W.E.B. Aruba
- AIB Bank in the ANG 240 mln. financing for the renovation of the Horacio Oduber Hospital (HOH).
- AIB Bank syndicate in the financing of the Ritz-Carlton Aruba Hotel
- AIC as arranging agent of a bond loan of US $110 million for the St. Maarten Harbour Group of Companies
- An off-shore bank in obtaining banking license in Curaçao.
- Aruba Growth Fund, a local 100 million florins investment fund focussing on Aruban companies with its foundation
- Banco Bilbao de Viscaja in refinancing of an Aruban hotel resort
- CIBC FirstCaribbean in the financing of the expansion of the NuCapital wind park in Curaçao.
- Credit Suisse in the financing of various Dutch Caribbean hotel acquisitions
- Delta Lloyd, the Dutch insurance company, on its sale of a mortgage portfolio to Arubabank
- Fatum Holding in obtaining a USD 50 mln. loan at MCB Curaçao.
- Lenders in the refinancing of Hilton Hotel and Breezes Hotel in Curacao
- National Investment Bank in a loan for utility company Elmar in Aruba
- RBC Royal Bank in a reorganization across the Dutch Caribbean.
- RBC Royal Bank in a USD 59 mln. financing to the Aruban Telecom Company Setar.
- RBTT Bank in the refinancing of the Aruban Divi Hotel Group
- Scotia Bank in the financing of the new Curacao Hyatt hotel project
- Simmons & Simmons with compiling matrixes in the field of lending, securities and banking.
- Various banks, including Bank of America and Citibank, in questionnaires regarding banking and funds.
- Various clients in corporate related matters (including (re)structuring of corporate entities, shareholder disputes and finance/banking related matters)
- VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne assists CIBC FirstCaribbean in financing NuCapital wind farm
- Banking & Finance team VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne authors PLG Investment Funds Guide Curaçao
- VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne launches Islamic Finance Desk
- Baker Tilly St. Maarten and VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne promote local solutions for structuring tax treatment
- Republic Bank Ltd. finalizes acquisition of RBC Royal Bank Suriname
- VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne assists Aruba Growth Fund and Curacao Growth Fund
- FATCA and IGA further explained II: practical implications and obligations
- FATCA and IGA further explained I: the intended amendment of the National Ordinance Personal Data
- The international company and the NOSIIA
- VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne advises RBC regarding loan to Setar