J.M. Randolph S. van Eps
Tel: +5999 461 3400 ext 223
Fax: +5999 461 2023
Speaks: Dutch, English, Papiamentu, Spanish
Main office: Curacao
Education: University of Amsterdam
J.M. Randolph S. van EpsBiography
Randolph van Eps joined VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne in 1982. He became a partner in 1990. From 1995-1999 he was a part-time lecturer at the University of the Netherlands Antilles (International Private Law) and Dean of the Curacao Bar Association from December 1999 until 2002.
Randolph is a general commercial lawyer with an emphasis on corporate and litigation work. Randolph is instrumental in our firm's maritime and logistics practice group. He has broad experience with semi-governmental companies. Moreover, he advises Supervisory Boards both in disputes and in strategic issues. A list of positions currently held can be found below.
- Supervisory Director of Banco Provincial Overseas N.V.
- Supervisory Board member of various client-family holding companies
- Board member of the Netherlands Antilles Arbitration Institute (NAI)
- Board member of Mongui Maduro Library
- Chairman of the Commission of Grievances of the Curacao Hospital (SEHOS)
- Board member of the foundation for the prevention of cancer (Fundashon Prevenshon)
- Independent publisher Chambers and Partners ranked in 2012 Randolph van Eps as individual lawyer Band 1 (Bands from 1-6, with 1 being the best) Chambers and partners: "Randolph van Eps is highly regarded for his client service skills, as well as his outstanding commercial nous make a deep impression on clients– he is“very creative and very business-oriented.”
- In the 2012 edition of the PLC Which Lawyer Yearbook of Practical Law Company, Randolph van Eps is endorsed in the areas of Dispute Resolution and Corporate & Commercial Law.
- A bank in litigation against civil-law notary, Land Register and Island Territory of Curacao for overlooking mortgage registration
- A foreign company against a Netherlands Antilles company regarding an asset management agreement securing a claim of USD 209 million
- AOB architects in the infringement of copyrights regarding the design of the Shaarei Tzedek Synagogue in Curacao
- As court-appointed administrator in the moratorium of Tierra del Sol, the Aruban golf and condominium resort
- Banks and borrowers in various international financing transactions
- Ctex in the legal structuring of the company and its equity capitalization for building a datacenter in Curacao
- Delta Lloyd, the Dutch insurance company, on its sale of a mortgage portfolio to Arubabank
- Fondo de Valores Inmobiliarios - the project developer of Blue Mall in St. Maarten - as their legal advisor in relation to corporate issues, real estate and employment
- Project developers, associations of owners and landlords in real estate and land- and property lease/rental issues all over the Dutch Caribbean
- Refineria di Korsou (Curacao Oil Refinery) as part of a government appointed working group that advises on the ‘Future of the Refinery’ program in Curacao
- Riffort Village in its restructuring and saving it from bankruptcy
- The financing of a condominium project in Aruba
- The majority shareholder in the Curacao Marriott Hotel in the "first Netherlands Antilles contended but successful buy-out procedure of minority shareholders
- The purchaser in the acquisition of a hotel on Curacao
- Various clients in corporate related matters (including (re)structuring of corporate entities, shareholder disputes and finance/banking related matters)
- Surinamese people of the world, unite!
- Doing Business in Surinam 2015: Country ranking according to the World Bank
- Increased economic activity between Curacao and Suriname II: Bilaterial investment treaties
- Creditors Tierra del Sol accept draft composition
- VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne prolongs highest ranking in Chambers Global