Dirk W. Ormel
Tel: +297 583 8464
Fax: +297 583 8442
Speaks: Dutch, English
Main office: Aruba
Education: University of Leiden
Dirk W. OrmelBiography
Dirk studied at the University of the Western Cape in South Africa for half a year during his bachelor. In 2009 he worked as a trainee with Pels Rijcken & Droogleever Fortuijn in The Hague in the Civil Litigation practice group and in 2011 with Böhler Advocaten in Amsterdam in the International Law practice group. He was also an intern at the Dutch Embassy in Rwanda with the Justice and Good Governance department.
Dirk received three prizes for his international criminal law thesis on Congo “Ne pas tuer la poule aux oeufs d’or”, freely translated “Don’t kill the chicken with the golden eggs”. The title refers to the passive attitude of the international community with regard to the natural resources related conflict in Congo.
In Februart 2012, Dirk started working at the office of VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne in Curacao and since June 2012 he works in Aruba.
- VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne assists Curoil in bunkering activities in Aruba
- Dirk Ormel explains infringement case Havaianas in media
- VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne advises Air Astana on fleet expansion
- Oil and gas extraction in Curacao #3: The draft Petroleum National Ordinance explained
- Oil and gas extraction in Curaçao #2: Background and historical development Part II