Dirk W. Ormel
Tel: +297 583 8464
Fax: +297 583 8442
Speaks: Dutch, English
Main office: Aruba
Education: University of Leiden
Dirk W. OrmelBiography
Dirk studied at the University of the Western Cape in South Africa for half a year during his bachelor. In 2009 he worked as a trainee with Pels Rijcken & Droogleever Fortuijn in The Hague in the Civil Litigation practice group and in 2011 with Böhler Advocaten in Amsterdam in the International Law practice group. He was also an intern at the Dutch Embassy in Rwanda with the Justice and Good Governance department.
Dirk received three prizes for his international criminal law thesis on Congo “Ne pas tuer la poule aux oeufs d’or”, freely translated “Don’t kill the chicken with the golden eggs”. The title refers to the passive attitude of the international community with regard to the natural resources related conflict in Congo.
In Februart 2012, Dirk started working at the office of VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne in Curacao and since June 2012 he works in Aruba.
- VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne’s Suriname Desk no. 1 in Dutch Caribbean Legal Portal’s Top 5
- Surinamese people of the world, unite!
- Doing Business in Surinam 2015: Country ranking according to the World Bank
- Increased economic activity between Curacao and Suriname II: Bilaterial investment treaties
- Dirk Ormel lectures on sovereignty natural resources during 19th trade mission in Suriname