Mayesi R. Hammoud
Tel: +5999 461 3400 ext 271
Fax: +5999 461 2023
Speaks: Dutch, English, Papiamentu, Spanish
Main office: Curacao
Education: Erasmus University Rotterdam
Mayesi R. Hammoud
After receiving a law degree at the Erasmus University in Rotterdam, Mayesi Hammoud attended a trainee program at the Dutch Ministry of Internal Affairs in 2001 and 2002. Mayesi joined VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne in 2003 and since January 2012 she is a partner at the firm. In her role of partner at the firm, she focuses on the training and supervision of the firm’s young professional talent.
Mayesi runs an all round practice in the fields of dispute resolution, insurance law, contract law, corporate law and employment law and and works for a large number of clients in the private and public sector.
Besides practicing law, she is actively committed to helping vulnerable groups in society including children and youngsters and supports many charities and voluntary initiatives. She is Deputy Board Member of the Curaçao CliniClowns Foundation and is responsible for the firm’s donation activities and pro bono work.
- Member of the Social and Economic Council
- Substitute member of the Supervisory Council for attorneys
- A government owned company in drafting a multimillion dollar Engineering, Procurement and Construction contract
- An energy company in proceedings against its former managing director
- Aqualectra, the local water and electricity company, in legal proceedings about the distribution of bottled water against Packers Provisions Curacao
- Fatum Holding N.V. on a bond issue with a variable coupon of US $50 million
- Heirs in proceedings regarding the division of a large estate
- Several insurance companies in various legal proceedings and advice
- Various (corporate) litigation, also cross border, including numerous injunction proceedings
- Various clients relating to immediate dismissal, employment dissolution, termination proceedings and collective dismissal