Intellectual PropertyIntellectual property, often referred to as IP, is a number of distinct types of legal monopolies over creations of the mind. Under IP laws, owners are granted certain exclusive rights to a variety of intangible assets. Common types of intellectual property include copyright laws and industrial properties such as patents, trademarks, industrial design rights and trade secrets
Recently we have assisted:
Intellectual Property is increasingly important in today’s business practice. The islands have up-to-date legislation and are signatories to various international conventions relating to the protection of intellectual property. VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne is a strategic partner and advisor in the management of intellectual property.
We have the expertise on both the national and international level and are a member of international organizations such as the International Trademark Association (INTA) and the Asociación Interamericana de la Propiedad Industrial (ASIPI).
Our specialists provide a broad range of services that vary from advice on transferring certain intellectual property rights and the establishment of security thereon, to the drafting of franchise and license agreements and litigating in extensive infringement cases. We also provide registration and maintenance services for trademarks (including international registrations) and patents.
TRADEMARKS PROSECUTION AND ENFORCEMENT
For information regarding trademark prosecution and enforcement, please consult the Trademark Guides below. For additional questions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trademark Guide Aruba
Trademark Guide Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba (BES Islands)
Trademark Guide Curacao
Trademark Guide St. Maarten
Power of Attorney Aruba
Power of Attorney Curacao
Power of Attorney St. Maarten
As you may be aware, on 10 October 2010, the Netherlands Antilles, comprising the islands of Curaçao, Sint Maarten, Bonaire, Saba and Sint Eustatius (the “Islands”), has formally ceased to exist. Please click here for an overview of the headlines of the consequences of the dismantlement of the Netherlands Antilles for trademark registration and protection on the different islands.
- A local retail company on the restructuring of its trademark portfolio
- Adidas in a major counterfeit dispute in Curacao
- Advising on structuring worldwide IP-portfolios
- AOB architects in the infringement of copyrights regarding the design of the Shaarei Tzedek Synagogue in Curacao
- Glaxxo Smith Kline, G-Star, Nutricia and Philip Morris, amongst others, in infringement cases
- K-Swiss in trademark infringement proceedings in Curacao
- K-Swiss, Nike, Nutricia and many others in counterfeit injunction proceedings
- Publisher of road maps in copyrights-infringement proceedings
- Seizure of a large number of image carriers in Curacao and Aruba
- Several clients on raids against counterfeit all over the Dutch Caribbean
- Stakeholders trained in enforcement of intellectual property rights and brand recognition
- Presentation on intellectual property by Miriam den Boogert
- New and improved trademark registration procedure for St. Maarten
- Court follows decision of Arbitration Committee Curacao
- Lawyers VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne in the committee thesis “Databankenrecht” (Database Law)
- World Intellectual Property Day
- Registering trademarks in the BES
- Trademark registration after 10-10-10
- Playboy International puts an end to illegal sale of its trademark in Curacao