Governance, Risk & Compliance
Governance, risk, compliance en ethics (GRC) has become an essential item on the agenda of management in the private, public and semi-public sectors. Yet a lot of organizations are struggling to effectively implement GRC in practice. It is a concept that covers multiple areas of expertise. It aims to establish an effective and efficient way of working, in environments with many risks and insecurities. The attention for GRC is increasing due to the current economic circumstances, and asks for reflection and pragmatism. Our advisors can help you in that regard.
VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne has been advising and assisting clients with GRC for more than fifteen years. We guide you towards an integral and especially a pragmatic implementation of GRC related processes that support the objectives of the organization, the Supervisory Board and management. Our advisors ensure that your organization complies with all demands, regarding the law as well as (internal) guidelines and values.
Our specialized team advises the profit and non-profit sector in this regard. Examples include compliance programs, courses for directors and supervisors and a Corporate Governance Scan, determining to what extent organizations comply with Codes Corporate Governance. Team head Frank Kunneman publishes a bi-weekly blog on corporate governance, using examples from the daily practice.Recently we have assisted:
- Bonaire Holding Maatschappij (BHM) and its subsidiaries in an integral program determining and improving compliance with the Code Corporate Governance Bonaire
- Cinemark regarding all the aspects of the opening of the new movie theatre at shopping mall Sambil in Curacao; from establishing the corporate structure to the registration of the Cinemark trademark
- NuStar Energy with the restructuring of their corporate governance.
- State-owned telecom provider UTS in a dispute with the Curaçao Court of Audit (Algemene Rekenkamer Curaçao or ARC), who had been instructed by the Parliament to audit the regulatory and efficiency of policies at the company.
- Risk management takes center stage at well-attended second edition of Day of the Supervisory Board in Aruba
- Registration now open: Day of the Supervisory Board 2017 – Aruba
- Conclusion of the Day of the Supervisory Board: risk management is imperative
- Seminar National Ordinance Optimization Governmental Entities well received
- A few more places available at seminar National Ordinance Optimization Governmental Entities
- Aubrich Bakhuis contributes to collection Conference of Constitutional Law 2015
- Seminar Good Governance in Aruba well received
- Participants: “Dia di Fundashon helps directors progress”
- ‘Dia di Fundashon’ turns out to be a gap in the market
- Dia di Fundashon 2016 fully booked and repeated