Banking & FinanceMoney is the lifeblood of companies, therefore businesses look for financing; and without profit as a goal, the same applies to non-commercial organizations. Financing is also key to most major transactions. A complicating factor is that the regulatory framework of financial markets is subject to constant change, especially in our transitioning constitutional scenario. How do you cope? What is the most effective way to arrange financing? What is the market practice?
VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne’s Banking & Finance team counsels its clients in the key areas of:
- Financing of mergers and acquisitions;
- Project finance;
- Trade and export financing;
- Lending and security documentation;
- Regulatory issues;
- Securities trade;
- Listings on the soon to be established Curacao Stock Exchange.
In addition, our team assists local and international banks and (credit) institutions, as well as many foreign financial institutions, on establishing offices in the Dutch Caribbean region, and on product development. The existing laws and regulations in this region cannot always be directly applied to these new products. Our team has been instrumental in shaping legislation, as our lawyers work with both regulatory bodies and financial institutions on the drafting and implementation of legislation. Needless to say, commercial companies with daily financing requirements, regularly draw upon our team’s expertise. For the local work in Surinam, especially in this industrie, we work closely with a reputable local firm.
Throughout VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne‘s long and distinguished history, the Banking & Finance team has been the unrivalled leader in home markets. It is the leading law firm according to Practical Law Company’s most recent edition of “The PLC Cross – Border Finance Secured Lending Handbook.
We are proud that our firm has been listed as a highly recommended law firm for the Dutch Caribbean region in the area of finance, trusts and offshore and that partner Focco Lunsingh Scheurleer has been listed as the only recommended lawyer for this region.Recently we have assisted:
- A bank in the financing of a multi million acquisition of an Aruban hotel
- A bank in the financing of the Aruba Holiday Inn
- A bank in the financing of the Santa Barbara Hyatt Hotel Project in Curacao
- AIB Bank and other lenders in 227 million florins financing of utility company W.E.B. Aruba
- AIB Bank in 240 million florins financing for the renovation of the Horacio Oduber Hospital (HOH)
- AIB Bank syndicate in the financing of the Ritz-Carlton Aruba Hotel
- AIC as arranging agent of a bond loan of US $110 million for the St. Maarten Harbour Group of Companies
- An international trust and management company in acquiring a Curacao trust company
- Aruba Growth Fund, a local 100 million florins investment fund focussing on Aruban companies with its foundation
- Banco Bilbao de Viscaja in refinancing of an Aruban hotel resort
- Credit Suisse in the financing of various Dutch Caribbean hotel acquisitions
- Delta Lloyd, the Dutch insurance company, on its sale of a mortgage portfolio to Arubabank
- Lenders in the refinancing of Hilton Hotel and Breezes Hotel in Curacao
- National Investment Bank in a loan for utility company Elmar in Aruba
- RBTT Bank in the refinancing of the Aruban Divi Hotel Group
- Scotia Bank in the financing of the new Curacao Hyatt hotel project
- The financing of a condominium project in Aruba
- Various clients in corporate related matters (including (re)structuring of corporate entities, shareholder disputes and finance/banking related matters)
- Elmar borrows an additional 8,5 million dollars for 'reliability'
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited Offered USD 5 billion of notes
- Convention 10-10-'11 A year after and ahead...
- New listing on Dutch Caribbean Securities Exchange
- RBC and Fatum generate 50 million dollars on the capital market