Banking & Finance
In the field of finance, trusts and offshore companies the position of VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne has been described as a ‘leading’ one. ‘The PLC Cross-Border Finance Secured Lending Handbook’ considers us to be the only ‘highly recommended’ regional law firm in this field.
We advise our clients on the financing of mergers and acquisitions, project finance, trade and export financing, lending and security documentation, regulatory issues, securities trade and listings on the Curacao Stock Exchange.
Besides all this, our team assists local and international banks and (credit) institutions as well as foreign financial institutions in establishing offices in the region and developing their products. The fact that our lawyers regularly assist in the drafting and implementation of legislation shows their excellent reputation and level of knowledge.
- A bank in the financing of a multi million acquisition of an Aruban hotel
- A bank in the financing of the Aruba Holiday Inn
- A bank in the financing of the Santa Barbara Hyatt Hotel Project in Curacao
- AIB Bank and other lenders in 227 million florins financing of utility company W.E.B. Aruba
- AIB Bank in 240 million florins financing for the renovation of the Horacio Oduber Hospital (HOH)
- AIB Bank syndicate in the financing of the Ritz-Carlton Aruba Hotel
- AIC as arranging agent of a bond loan of US $110 million for the St. Maarten Harbour Group of Companies
- An international trust and management company in acquiring a Curacao trust company
- Aruba Growth Fund, a local 100 million florins investment fund focussing on Aruban companies with its foundation
- Banco Bilbao de Viscaja in refinancing of an Aruban hotel resort
- Credit Suisse in the financing of various Dutch Caribbean hotel acquisitions
- Delta Lloyd, the Dutch insurance company, on its sale of a mortgage portfolio to Arubabank
- Lenders in the refinancing of Hilton Hotel and Breezes Hotel in Curacao
- National Investment Bank in a loan for utility company Elmar in Aruba
- RBTT Bank in the refinancing of the Aruban Divi Hotel Group
- Republic Bank in the USD 45.3mln acquisition of RBC Royal Bank in Suriname, which included an extensive due diligence including an onsite review and a data room review, legal review of bank forms, review and drafting of contracts and general legal advice.
- Scotia Bank in the financing of the new Curacao Hyatt hotel project
- The financing of a condominium project in Aruba
- Various clients in corporate related matters (including (re)structuring of corporate entities, shareholder disputes and finance/banking related matters)
- Republic Bank Ltd. finalizes acquisition of RBC Royal Bank Suriname
- VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne assists Aruba Growth Fund and Curacao Growth Fund
- FATCA and IGA further explained II: practical implications and obligations
- FATCA and IGA further explained I: the intended amendment of the National Ordinance Personal Data
- The international company and the NOSIIA
- VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne advises RBC regarding loan to Setar
- Elmar borrows an additional 8,5 million dollars for 'reliability'
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited Offered USD 5 billion of notes
- Convention 10-10-'11 A year after and ahead...