Disputes between shareholders;
Issues regarding prejudiced rights of minority shareholders;
Competence fights between managing board and shareholders.
We act for shareholders, management and supervisory boards alike – and the equivalents in non-corporate structures, including many governmental bodies and NGO’s in governance issues.
Although we believe that the best dealmakers and transactional lawyers can advise you regarding corporate issues, true litigators are a different breed. Therefore we formed a team that combines specialists in the relevant fields of dispute resolution, corporate law and insolvency and restructuring to seamless guide you through whatever corporate litigious minefield you step. We walk with you – all the way.
Below are some examples of our corporate litigation work, often anonymous for the obvious reason of confidentiality.Recently we have assisted:
- A group of insurance companies in the Dutch Caribbean in lengthy legal proceedings before the Rotterdam Court and in appeal before the Court of Appeals in The Hague, regarding coverage under a comprehensive property and business interruption insurance, concerning two large hotels on Bonaire and Curaçao.
- An international telecommunications company in a cross-border dispute.
- Aqualectra, the Curaçao state-owned utility company, in legal proceedings against the World Trade Center in Curaçao regarding a claim of USD 5.8 mln. due to unregistered consumption.
- The Curaçao government in high-profile administrative court proceedings regarding the rates for the return supply of solar energy.
- The Supervisory Board of an oil distribution company in a dispute with its managing director.
- Isla liable for oil spill Jan Kok
- Plaintiffs oil spill proceedings ask court for judgment after failed settlement negotiations
- VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne assists Aruba Growth Fund and Curacao Growth Fund
- VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne assists Aruba Growth Fund in summary proceedings regarding sale Radisson
- Rogier van den Heuvel successfully represents Curacao Airport Partners in appeal against car rental companies
- Mayesi Hammoud successfully represents Aqualectra in summary proceedings against WTC Curacao
- Aqualectra wins case against PWFC