With offices in Curacao, Aruba, Bonaire, St. Maarten and Amsterdam, VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne is the leading Dutch Caribbean law firm. In addition, our Flying Lawyers service the BES-islands on a very frequent basis.
Through our association with Van Doorne in Amsterdam, and with Lex Mundi and the World Services Group we offer global services at the highest level.
VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne offers a specialized team that serves the Suriname market, organized in our dedicated Suriname Desk. Staffed with seven lawyers, focusing on banking, finance and regulatory expertise, we assist both local as well as international clients in Suriname. When necessary, we team up with a reputable local firm.
We publish regarding relevant Suriname legal and economic topics, and visit the country regularly in order to be on top of all relevant developments and to keep our clients informed. And when personal presence is required for certain matters, our Flying Lawyers are ready to take a flight in order to take care of our clients’ business.
Recently we have assisted:
- Republic Bank in the USD 45.3mln acquisition of RBC Royal Bank in Suriname, which included an extensive due diligence including an onsite review and a data room review, legal review of bank forms, review and drafting of contracts and general legal advice.
- Republic Bank in an extensive due diligence in relation to its then contemplated acquisition of the majority shares in Hakrinbank
- Suriname fast moving consumer goods concern Fernandes regarding the export of goods to the Caribbean via free zones
- Various international banks and financial institutions in regulatory issues
Relevant news articles
- VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne only Dutch Caribbean firm in Band 1 Chambers Global 2017
- Free traffic of qualified citizens within Caribbean Community CARICOM
- The right of investigation in Suriname
- VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne presents Guide to Doing Business for Suriname
- Republic Bank Ltd. finalizes acquisition of RBC Royal Bank Suriname
- Treaty between Suriname and the Netherlands regarding acknowledgement of verdicts extended to Curacao, Aruba and St. Maarten
- VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne’s Suriname Desk no. 1 in Dutch Caribbean Legal Portal’s Top 5